Here’s an ad we’ve just completed for Energy Safe Victoria.

Every year gas leaks from barbecues cause explosions and serious injuries. To help address this we took a lighthearted approach that people are more likely to enjoy watching in order to get this message through, rather than making a heavy-handed, scare tactic ad.

Simply use soapy water on your gas connections, as demonstrated in our ad. If you don’t see any bubbles you’re all clear to barbecue.

If you see bubbles, tighten your connections or replace them. It could save your life or someone else’s.

Stay safe barbecue-goers! Remember to look before you cook.